Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Papa Smurf

You may think I am talking about this guy from the awesome show The Smurfs...



BUT....
The man I have come to call Papa Smurf is my gorgeous Dad. Oh how I love this man! He has taught me, loved me, disciplined me and supported me many a time. He is an amazing example to me!
How cute was he back in the day!!

When I was younger I often fought with my father because I used to think he spent too much time away from our family. Little did I realise at the time but he was making great sacrfices FOR us...I wasted the time that he did spend with us.

He never mad much when he was growing up and has had to work very hard throughout his life to achieve what he has. Lucky for my family he not only supplied us with the things that we needed but taught us how to work hard and not give everything to us on a silver plater. I have learnt what integrity and hard work are because of this man.
I watch him with my niece Darcey and I can see what he would have been like when I was a little baby. He is putty in her hands. Pop is hands down the favourite in our family :D

I love that he'll pull silly faces for me :D

He also loves to tease me by pulling faces when he knows that I can see him kiss Mum. I swear he didn't grow up past 14 some times. Especially with his cars and planes (big boy toys)!
Medication, Aviation and Navagation are his games. He grew up watching planes at the airport with his father. He also sails and is a Pharmasist (or chemist if you will). I like to call him my drug dealer because when I actually need it...he supplies me with the drugs :P

Big T turned 50 here!

He and his brother look-a-like and act-a-like! It was a funny conversation to watch :P They were seriously doing the same things! He has 2 other brothers.

I am so very glad that Papa Smurf and I have a much better relationship now. He has done so many things for me that I couldn't even begin to list them. I have been very blessed to have him as my father both during this life and throughout the eternities.

I love you Papa Smurf xoxo

1 comment:

Nettie's Blog said...

AAAAWWWWWHHHHH..that is so nice... but seriously your dad is the best friend you will ever have.... we think he is a good bloke too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...