How did I become a pizza delivery chick?
Well one day I got a text from my friend to see if I was available for the night to help out because they were really short staffed. Since that night, I've just had the job.
I am the only female driver...at first it was weird. Now I'm kinda just one of the guys.
I worked hard to get in with those boys!
I have had some very interesting, awesome and completely horrible experiences.
The most interesting occasion was when a man answered the door in only a pair of pink underwear. His friends in the lounge room thought it was hilarious. I remained composed until I had walked away. He was seriously gross and I have so far not needed to go back.
I wonder if he'll be fully clothed the next time!
The absolute worse time I had while delivering was when I couldn't find the number apartment I was looking for and knocked on the closest door to where I thought it was. WORST mistake EVER!! The guy who answered slammed the door in my face, then proceeded to swear and throw things at the door after I had left. Then I managed to find the place and while walking back out to my car, the guy yelled something out I couldn't hear and then death stared me as I drove away.
It has been the only time that I have genuinely felt scared.
I have also had some amazing experiences:
- One guy said to me as I left "Nigh Nigh"....ummmmmm
- I met one of the cutest puppies the other day. It was just SO cute! And friendly!
- Another dog I met was a boxer, like my parents have, and it was adorable. It was trying to get to me through the window, in a sweet way. He just wanted to say hello.
- There is one guy who always just gives whatever change is in his pocket as a tip. One time it was almost $10. He's also really nice!
- Kids that answer the door are hilarious. They are so excited for pizza they jump and try to take it off me. ha ha
These are just a few of the stories I have. Before I leave each time I never know what it's going to be like. Well except for a few of the regular people I seem to get.
What's funny is that I am the 3rd one of my siblings to deliver pizzas. Both my older brothers did it at one point. I guess it's kind of a family thing.