Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 19, 2011

Amber's Story

On Saturday Jess and I decide to hire out some weekly movie, which I haven't done in a very long time.
I love real life stories and spotted one called Amber's story.

It both broke my heart and made it soar. 

Amber was just 9 years old when she was abducted and murdered. 
Her mother Donna fought over the next couple of years to have the AMBER alert system created and maintained in the United States. 

Pic
My favourite part of the movie is when Donna puts balloons on her daughters grave and whispers "we did it again baby", after the system helped save another young girl. 

What an amazing outcome for such a terrible incident in someone's life.
I'd recommend watching it. 

1 comment:

Heather & Justin said...

wow. How heart-wrenchingly inspiring. So so sad, but what amazing things has happened from something so terrible.

-Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...