Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, December 5, 2011

Gratitude Sunday Series Guest Blogger: Catherine Newman

Hey Everyone,

Welcome to another Gratitude Sunday. This week I am happy to have Catherine over on my blog.
She is a gorgeous girl and I love her blog. She manages to find the most amazing quotes and is usually just what I need at the time.

But I'll let her introduce herself, here's Catherine.

-----------------------------------------------------
First off, I want to say how grateful I am for the opportunity to do a guest post for Lisa! I think she started popping up on my blog back in January and she has honestly made my day with her posts on her blog or her comments on my posts. It has always been so nice for me to know that there is this darling someone Down Under who cares about what I write and what I’m doing in life. She truly has so much charity and she is so genuine. Thank you SO much for the opportunity to blog here today, Lisa!


Things I am grateful for...

My family. I have been blessed with an incredible family who loves me. We love to go on drives, cook, watch movies and sports, and laugh until we cry. I honestly don’t know what I’d do without my family. They are my ultimate support and I am so glad we can be together forever.

Photographer from here
My friends.  I have been blessed with great friends who care about me and support me through the trials I face. We also have a great time and most of the time, we just hysterically laugh about everything and nothing.



My job and my major. I am grateful for the opportunities I have to work and go to school. I am so very blessed to have a job that will work around my school schedule. I love my school and my major—Speech Pathology. Every day I go to school, I get so excited about what I’m learning and I thoroughly enjoy my classes. Nerdy? Probably. But I honestly am so grateful I found something that fits me so perfectly. I can’t wait for the day that I can work and bless people with the things I’ve learned to hopefully give them the opportunity to express themselves and speak more clearly.

My faith. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Being a member of this church grounds me and I know with a surety that Jesus Christ is our Savior and made it possible for us to repent and return to Him someday. I know that God lives and loves each of us. I know that The Book of Mormon is true. I know that we have living prophets here on Earth today that are inspired and I know that Joseph Smith restored this true church to the Earth today. I am thankful for this testimony I have and the strength I have gained from my faith. {To find out more, go here}

And all of the little things in life like my car and the miracle of when you finally find a place to park on campus, my zebra Snuggie, watching episodes of “Psych”, Fall and everything about this glorious season, anything from Bath and Body Works, iTunes, emails and texts from friends, high heels, rain, Temples, ballpoint pens, my dog, mountains, basketball, Mexican food, Rocky Road ice cream, toothbrushes, Just Dance Wii games, Hugo Boss Orange Perfume, Audrey Hepburn anything, green arrows at stoplights, good deals on anything, and the list could go on and on...and on.... 



It is so important to me to find things each day to be grateful for and I know that having a grateful attitude turns what you have into enough! 

Thank you!
---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Catherine for sharing what you are grateful for with the rest of us.

This week I am grateful for:

- Changes...Japan has been good for me
- Chances
- Friends
- Mistakes in Japanese...that I am starting to recognise and fix
- Progress
- Small blessings all over the place

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Thanks, Lisa!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...